My wonderful roommate and best friend has proven to be a walking archives of useful information. Last night, just as the night was winding down, she gave me a packet that her boss had given her earlier that day.
"A lot of useful tips in there," she said.
The "packet" was four pages folded over to mimic a book. The title read: Secrets to Success. It spoke about self-motivation, positivity, and being a go-getter (except it sounded less archaic and cliche). It recommended setting goals for yourself and doing everything in your power to accomplish them because "your biggest asset and hindrance in success is yourself." So, here are my goals.
One year from now
1. Finish my book
2. Work for the University paper one more time
3. Save up enough money to get a place with A.
4. Go back to school
5. Make enough money not to worry about bills
6. Lose 25 lbs.
7. Be a better sister/girlfriend
8. Sky diving
9. Hot air balloon ride
10. Get another tattoo
5 years from now
1. Living with/Married to A.
2. Living in British Columbia
3. Backpack Europe (or at least Ireland)
4. Visit St. Paul's cathedral where Princess Di got married to Charles
5. Drink a Guinness in an Irish or German pub
6. Own a truck
7. Write a best seller or an erotic novel
8. Speak another language fluently
9. Teach piano lessons
10. Get another tattoo
Haha quite the to do list eh?
Anyway, dear reader, I want you to do what I just did, or at least get an idea of what you want to accomplish personally. Balance out personal goals with work goals and success will be biting at your heels. At least that's what the packet told me. And that's what I'm hoping for. So good luck! I'm off to work on my list....right after I finish my coffee....!
The story of a girl without a country, a mind without a master and a imagination without limits
Popular Posts
-
Pushing a pencil is never the life someone sets out acquire voluntarily. As kids we want to be firefighters and ballerinas and princesses. W...
-
My mother told me, when I began my life as an independent woman, that I was the perfect example of the working poor. I asked her what she me...
-
Yes, ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, stoners of all ages, tomorrow comes the long awaited 4.20! One day a year, American's unite...
-
Rosie was only 17 years old when she died due to lethal injection. She was so full of life and energy. She lit up a room whenever she prance...
-
I am thankful that first impressions aren't always right. For instance, a new girl has recently joined the office forces of the reservat...
No comments:
Post a Comment