Tonight was a night that should be written down. Documented. Remembered.
When I got home from A's house this afternoon I wasn't planning to leave the house again. It had been a long day and I wanted nothing more than to curl up on my bed in that spot where the sun always hits at that time of day.
My cat nap was soon interrupted by my best friend and her boyfriend. I can't say I didnt have a smile on my face when he left. I was happy to have E. to myself.
The night flew by in a typical fashion: make some food, watch a movie...and then when we were participating in a favorite illegal pastime, we decided to take a spur of the moment trip to the store then out to our favorite look out point over the ocean. It's summer here so the sunsets happen at one in the morning.
As soon as we parked, we cracked open the snacks and proceeded with our previous amusement. Not 5 minutes later, flashes of blue and red reflected off my rear view mirror and immediately sent my nervous system on a frenzy.
Trying not to move our upper bodies, we moved our hands to cover evidence. I could hear the chips getting crushed in the rumpled Safeway bag, but then again, every sound was piercing my ears.
A knock on my window. Shit
The cop proceeded to tell us that the parking area was closed. We handed over our ID's. As I passed over my insurance, I prayed to god that my check for this month's insurance had processed.
"Do you have a driver's license, Miss?"
My heart froze. "Is that not it?"
"No.."
I shuffled through my wallet. Nothing.
"Do you have a current drivers licence?"
"Yes." I just didn't know where it was.
He returned to his car and with each step he took, my heart slowed a beat. I glanced over at E. Her eyes were that of a deer-caught-in-head-lights. I imagined my face looked about the same.
Long story short, we were let off scott free. We promised him we'd vamoose, but he didn't have to know we were doing a victory dance as we did so. So back at home are we, and I....am now going to look for my drivers license!
The story of a girl without a country, a mind without a master and a imagination without limits
Popular Posts
-
The last thing any American thinks about is how susceptible we are when it comes to capitalist exposure. The system of free enterprise that...
-
I am thankful that first impressions aren't always right. For instance, a new girl has recently joined the office forces of the reservat...
-
"There are few whom I love, and fewer still of whom I think well." Jane Austen has always been an author dear to my heart, but wit...
-
When I went back to my old high school, I was approached by a younger classman of mine and he said "Oh it's so good to see someone ...
-
Any average American female is conflicted with thoughts of the future. These women could either become wonderful mothers, taking kids to soc...
No comments:
Post a Comment