Tourists are an interesting breed. They ask questions that seem completely ridiculous to locals. As a reservation agent, I hear a lot of bizarre questions every day that I thought some of you might find funny.
*Foreign lady- "I don't get bananas...why are there so many na na's?"
*Texan tourist; "What do you call these white birds out in the harbor?"
Local: "Well usually we call them sea gulls when they're out at sea, but since these are in the bay we call them 'baygels'.
*"Oooh! Honey, look at the moose terd!"
*"Do you spray paint your glaciers blue?"
*"How far is the dock above sea level?"
Comment with stupid tourist blips that you have heard in your area...I want to see if Alaskan tourists are just as stupid as other breeds ;)
The story of a girl without a country, a mind without a master and a imagination without limits
Popular Posts
-
"There are few whom I love, and fewer still of whom I think well." Jane Austen has always been an author dear to my heart, but wit...
-
The last thing any American thinks about is how susceptible we are when it comes to capitalist exposure. The system of free enterprise that...
-
When I went back to my old high school, I was approached by a younger classman of mine and he said "Oh it's so good to see someone ...
-
Tonight was a night that should be written down. Documented. Remembered. When I got home from A's house this afternoon I wasn't pl...
-
I am thankful that first impressions aren't always right. For instance, a new girl has recently joined the office forces of the reservat...
I work for the Wa State Ferries. We have one boat named the Spokane. Ticket sellers commonly get asked, "Can I get to Spokane on the ferry?"
ReplyDelete