In my line of work, women are the prominent sex and to be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Travel agents, marketing managers, reservation agents, different cooperate businesses.... most times I communicate with these groups during business hours, a woman is on the other line of the phone.
A favorite radio station of mine reported that while women were assumed to be good bosses in the work place (more compassionate and empathetic) the statistics proved assumptions wrong. Most women who held management positions or ranks of importance were shown to have what is called, "Queen Bee Syndrome." This is when a woman gets protective of her position...she becomes bossy, irate, hard to communicate with as well as transforming into a back-stabbing bitch. Serious symptoms, eh? The conclusion to this state of mind is that positions of leadership in the work place are harder to find for women, so once they obtain that coveted title, they will do anything in their power to keep it.
In the time that I have worked here, I have seen good and bad examples of the average working woman. My bosses are bright, upbeat fashionistas who are friendly, keep the work place fun, and yet when it comes down to it, business is business. While I lucked out, some of our travel agencies have not. We deal with women who seem to be on a constant red streak, if you know what I mean. Mother nature was not kind to their hormonal balancing. (Maybe that's why so many women now-a-days are medicated). Some are quiet and non-assertive. Some have no personality at all.
I have very little faith in humanity, as most of my friends can attest. Occasionally, I hold even less faith in women in particular. Our logic makes no sense...we hold petty grudges, find competition in every woman we meet (especially in the work place) and we are rarely secure in the person we are. We find personal imperfections then become convinced that the person who we are is so seriously flawed that alteration is the only solution to obtain that perfection. This is why I lose faith. There is no confidence any more! Women need to find that balance between the self-obsessed and self-conscious. A happy medium of the self-aware.
So women, if you are feeling less than gorgeous, and high, and true, and fine, and fluffy, and moist, and sticky, and lovely ( <3 you A.K!)....I challenge you this. For each imperfection you find, you have to find something you would never change about yourself. Something totally rad, as A would say. Lets stage a revolution against self doubt! Viva la Revolution!
The story of a girl without a country, a mind without a master and a imagination without limits
Popular Posts
-
Pushing a pencil is never the life someone sets out acquire voluntarily. As kids we want to be firefighters and ballerinas and princesses. W...
-
My mother told me, when I began my life as an independent woman, that I was the perfect example of the working poor. I asked her what she me...
-
Yes, ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, stoners of all ages, tomorrow comes the long awaited 4.20! One day a year, American's unite...
-
Rosie was only 17 years old when she died due to lethal injection. She was so full of life and energy. She lit up a room whenever she prance...
-
I am thankful that first impressions aren't always right. For instance, a new girl has recently joined the office forces of the reservat...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Viva la Vulva!
ReplyDelete