Last night....was a blast; and yet these Jagermeister sunglasses don't predict much bliss out of my morning. Freshly squeezed orange juice? Forget it....I feel like I've been freshly squeezed of all my energy. People calling in with their inane questions and needs but do my callers give a crap about my needs? No. Selfish bastards.
I was almost late to work this morning which started the day off on the wrong foot altogether. Wearing the same clothes I wore yesterday, I can sniff out that stale smell of beer and smoke. I left the boyfriend curled up in bed, sleeping peacefully which is where I SHOULD be right now. But instead I am booking people for tours that I would never have the money to take. (Little do they know I get them for free ;)
This brings up a topic that A. and I were discussing last night...and that is the concept of a perfect world. Out on the steps of my apartment building, we talked about how in our perfect world we would get paid just to be....or if we were able to backpack around Europe...I could sell my writings and we would be vagabonds... not having to deal with the harsh consequences that are realistically a possibility. Life without responsibilities, ties and unnecessary attachments.
Seriously, think about it! If we had the freedom to do what really made us happy and if we were able to get by comfortably, the world would be a much happier place. Artists and actors wouldn't have to worry about where their next job was coming from. Musicians would play just for the hell of it, ignoring the common cookie-cutter genres that limit today's tunes. The suits would have the freedom to lay down the cell phone and lap top and use the passion they ignored in business school. And women wouldn't feel pressured to be an over-the-top feminist or a busty bimbo.
If only the world were perfect. There would be no need for religion, politics, currency or Starbucks. But until our versions of the perfect world are made a reality we have to live in a state of constant imperfect. At least we have a few vices in there to help spice up the normalcy, am I right?
Hope y'all had a good weekend, readers. Over and out!
The story of a girl without a country, a mind without a master and a imagination without limits
Popular Posts
-
Pushing a pencil is never the life someone sets out acquire voluntarily. As kids we want to be firefighters and ballerinas and princesses. W...
-
My mother told me, when I began my life as an independent woman, that I was the perfect example of the working poor. I asked her what she me...
-
Yes, ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, stoners of all ages, tomorrow comes the long awaited 4.20! One day a year, American's unite...
-
Rosie was only 17 years old when she died due to lethal injection. She was so full of life and energy. She lit up a room whenever she prance...
-
I am thankful that first impressions aren't always right. For instance, a new girl has recently joined the office forces of the reservat...
No comments:
Post a Comment